2008年1月25日金曜日

"World news B 2008" January 25

This blog is based on a class of "World news B" in Osaka Shoin Women’s University .


Today’s lesson


1.
Look at this photo and answer the questions

1. Where was this photo taken?

This photo was taken in Baghdad, Iraq.


2. When was it taken?

This photo was taken on Wednesday, April 9, 2003.


3. What does the caption say under the photo?

The photo says that many Iraqis fall a statue of Saddam Hussein and also, it means that the Hussein Government collapse.


4. Translate the caption into Japanese.

The captionというのは、大勢の群集がイラクのバグダッド中央にあるサダム・フセイン像を倒し、歓声を上げたということである。


5. “Crowds cheer” = how many people, do you think?

I think that about more than half of Iraqis’ cheer as the fall of the statue.


2.
Now look at this photo taken at the same place and same time, and answer the questions.

1. How many people were in the square, do you think?

I think that there are 80 people in the square.


2. Do you think “crowds cheer” is accurate?

I think that “crowds cheer” is not accurate because I can't see that crowds are cheering on the photo.


3. What do you think of the first picture now?

I think that the first photo is accurate, too.


4. Why did CNN use the first picture, do you think?

I think that CNN uses the first photo in order to show many crowds are cheering
for us.


5. What do you think after seeing these two photos?

I think that depend on photo's enlargement or reduction, we have a variety of opinions.


3.
Is it important for newspapers to tell the truth, or is it ok for newspaper to lie sometimes? Give reasons for your answer.

I think that it is important to know the truth on the newspapers because we know the truth and make use of it in our lives. That is why I think that the newspapers should not say lies.


4.
How can you check if some item of news is true or not? (Give at least two different ways).

According to we read some same news and compare them also, the writer's name and the photographer’s name of the news articles and so on is clear, I check if some item of news is true or not.


5.
Read your classmates’ answers to these questions (read at least 3 other blogs)


6.
What do you think now, after reading your classmates’ blogs? Write your thoughts on your blog.

I thought that every of blogs is wonderful, but I thought that others don’t know the subject very well when they see those blogs. So we should write the blogs for everyone can understand it easily. The reason is everybody can write blogs or read ones with happiness.


7.
Go to Masa’s blog and read his latest news.

I read this blog on Thursday, January 24, 2008. I thought that I want Masa to work hard the Spring Semester and to regain the last grade.

0 件のコメント: