2008年1月11日金曜日

"World news B 2008" January 11

This blog is based on a class of "World news B" in Osaka Shoin Women’s University .





Today, we will find out about January in Britain. WRITE ALL YOUR ANSWERS IN MS WORD and SPELLCHECK FIRST, then upload to your blog.


1 Tell us about your New Year. Add a picture. 2 How did you spend your New Year?


1. and 2.
My family went to my grandparents’house in, Iga city Mie prefecture on January 6th. My grandmother gave a New Year's present to me. It is called Otoshidama in Japan.I was very happy because I didn't know that was given it from her. My grandmother, aunt, mother, older brother and I went AEON which is the shopping center. We had lunch there and enjoyed talking for a long time.










Otoshidama
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenikku/354535644/























New Year’s Day Parade
ukstudentlife.com


Now go to the website Project Britain and answer these questions about New Year in Britain:

1. Hogmanay is the name for New Year in which country?

The name is Scotland.


2. In which city is the New Year’s Day parade held? Can you find a photo of this year’s parade?

It is held in London.


3. Whose birthday is on January 3rd, and what famous book did he write?

The birthday is JRR Tolkien. He wrote Lord of the Lings in 1982.


4. Whose birthday is on January 5th? Why is this person’s birthday in a British calendar?

The birthday is Guru Gobind Singh. He was final Sikh prophet and he introduced many customs.


5. Whose birthday is today (January 8th)? What is he famous for?

The birthday is Elvis Presley. He is a famous rock singer. The Official Elvis Presley Web Site .


6. What is Al Hijra and why is it on a British calendar?

It is the Islamic New Year. Muhammad left Mecca to travel Medina and it became the first day of Muharrm.


7. Who reached the South Pole in 1912 on January 17th?

It was Robert Scott and his party.


8. Whose birthday is on January 18th? What famous book did he write?

The birthday is AA Milne and he wrote teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh .


9. Who died on January 24th, 1965? What is he famous for (write ONE thing).

It was Sir Winston Churchill . He was famous for Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.


10. What do you think about this calendar?

I think that it is easy to see and read. Also, I can enjoy this calendar.


3
Find an interesting news article and blog it. (Here are some news articles I found recently.)

I found this article. I want him to do his best.


4
I like this blog because I can enjoy picking a fortune slip.


5.
Visit some of your classmates’ blogs and either leave a comment, or write a comment on your blog.

0 件のコメント: